Packing for long trips is not always easy if you are a last minute packer. Being 4 hours on the highways deep is not the time you want to realize that you forgot something. Luckily for you friends I am a crazy compulsive list maker!! I am getting ready for a trip to Ohio to see my family and friends and being the crazy list maker/packer I am, I have already packed my 3.5 month old son and myself! Here is my pack list for babies:
- Clothing and socks- 7-10 outfits (We will be out of town for a little over a week and have access to a washer and dryer) My rule of thumb is about 3-4 outfits more than the days you will be gone if you can’t wash clothes.
- Nightys– I love these things! Trust me if you have to change a diaper in the middle of the night the last thing you want to mess with is zippers and snaps. These are a must!
- Burp Cloths and Bibs. I have said it before, I like using cloth diapers for burp cloths and these bibs are bomb! My baby boy is beginning to teeth so this catches the drool and gives him something to “chew” on.
- Diapers and Wipes– a must. I am a huggies girl personally, but you use what you like of course!
- Soap, Lotion and gel– I like to use aveeno because bubby is so dry and I like that aveeno is a more natural option and the baby oil gel keeps him moisturized all day.
- Towels and Wash rags– Of course you don’t necessarily need a baby version, you can use regular towels and wash rags but if you have the space to pack and want to you have that option.
- Bottles and a cleaning brush- These are my favorite bottles. Of course you don’t need to bring bottles if you exclusively breastfeed.
- Formula- If you formula feed or supplement then you will need to bring this!
- Pack n Play– So I am not a huge fan of these because I guess I always think of people putting their babies in them and using them like a dog kennel. But I do use it while traveling so bubby will have his own bed. He is too big for the bassinet part so that stays home.
- Pacifiers, hair brush, saline spray, and vit. d drops- basics we use everyday, vit. d drops if you breast feed.
- Breast Pump– if you breastfeed or pump. I am an exclusive pumper. I’ll share my story sometime! I really love my medela.
- Car seat- is a must
- Stroller- if you need, I don’t use mine much
- Bottle Warmer– Not necessary but it is nice to have when you are reheating breast milk.
- Baby Monitor– I put Bubby down for a nap and stay up later than his bed time so having his monitor is great!
That is pretty much it guys! I know it seems like a lot but I get it packed in Small Getaway bag from Lucky Brand. Lucky is my favorite brand but before you see this price and judge me, I got one like this but it is an old style they don’t sell anymore and I got it on clearance!!
If you would like me to send you my list in a PDF form just comment or email me and I would be more than happy to send you a check list. If you think I forgot anything let me know! I was going for more of the things that are needed not extras. Like of course I will bring some toys but its not necessary.
Also I am not sponsored by any of these brands. I just shared what I personally use and love and what works for my family. Target is the main store I have to shop at in my town so if I don’t get my stuff from there then I get it from amazon and occasionally walmart.