Hello friends! I know I have written this before with my first baby but I wanted to write an updated one for the second time around. Keep in mind it is always a good idea to ask your doctor what you need to pack. My hospital is really awesome and provides almost everything needed, I’m sure yours does too. No need to over pack!
- Alright so you obviously need a duffle bag or small suitcase to pack everything into! I use this one I have from Lucky Brand.
- In my bag I have packed a cute plaid shirt to go home in. It is a maternity shirt that buttons. I wanted to make sure I had something that fit, made me feel put together, and was breastfeeding friendly. You probably won’t leave the hospital looking like you did before you ever got pregnant so plan for a pooch still.
- Granny panties. Really you just need some full coverage, comfy panties that can hold large pads during recovery.
- I picked up this belly binder from amazon. Only 13$! This will help shrink your uterus and get your tummy back to its original size. As soon as I am in recovery I plan on putting this bad boy on!
- A comfy nursing bra that can be slept in. I found mine on amazon for so cheap!
- This time I packed some tall compression socks because last time my feet, ankles, and legs got soo swollen. It was very painful and looked horrendous. And hospitals are cold so better to be prepared lol.
- I packed a set of pajamas that button up so I can be comfy in my own clothes after the IV’s come out and I get that first shower! Plus the buttons allow easy access for breastfeeding.
- Lastly for myself I packed toiletries: toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, hairbrush, skincare, light makeup, hair ties and my glasses.
Your hospital should provide giant pads, pain relief, ice packs, sitz bath, dermoplast, witch hazel pads… mine did, I literally didn’t need to bring anything, they even had mesh undies to wear. Some people hate them but I am all for not ruining anything of my own, use the hospitals! My hospital also fed me really well and the food was good so there was no need for bringing snacks!
- I packed 2 outfits- one in newborn size and one 0-3m. Along with the outfits I packed matching bows. I know there will be lots of pictures!
- I packed a swaddle for pictures and a thin muslin blanket for coming home.
- Car seat
Other than clothes and a car seat you really have no need to pack other items. The hospital will have diapers, wipes, baby wash and lotion, anything you will need. And you get to bring all the extras home!
- Phone and phone charger
- Donut pillow- giving birth makes it feel like your tail bone is broken. At least it did for me. I got a pillow specially for my poor bum.
- Pillow- with your own unique case
- Clothes for dad- if your husband or SO is anything like mine, make him pack his own bag! My husband over packs so much and it drives me crazy!
You can always keep some extras in your car if you really think you’ll need them.