There are so many lists out there for what to pack in your bag for the hospital. I was really overwhelmed with my first baby. So on my last visit I simply asked him what I need to bring. He told me – Clothes to go home in and toiletries… THAT’S IT!!! Of course you might want to bring a few other things but these super long lists are ridiculous. You can pack all the comforts of home but if you want to be simple and not have a ton of stuff to bring home along with a baby then here is the simplest hospital packing list.
I have written this post before but wanted to update it as times change and all my friends are pregnant. So I will have the bare minimum and then a few extras you can add as you like.
- Plambag Oversized Canvas Duffle Bag– You have got to have a bag to put stuff in. I use a canvas/leather bag from Lucky Brand but unfortunately they don’t make them anymore that I could find. This Plambag is a great option and it’s not crazy expensive.
- You gotta have clothes to go home in. While you stay at the hospital you can wear the hospital gown. If you really want out of it after giving birth and you get that first shower then bring another outfit. With my first baby I brought a soft night gown and robe for at the hospital and then clothes to go home in. I will be going home in my favorite staples from victoria secret Pink. Oh and don’t forget some panties- skip the thong, get you some mom panties with room for large pads for those first couple weeks.
- Toiletries. You definitely need your toothbrush and toothpaste. You may also want to bring some travel size shampoo/conditioner, soap, skincare, and a few makeup items to make you feel normal again like tinted moisturizer and mascara.
- Lastly for yourself bring your camera, phone, and chargers. I suggest getting an extra long charger cord. iPhone Charger, Lightning Cable 3FT 6FT 10FT“>These Cords are my fav!!
- Alright the hospital provides everything you need for baby. Bring your breast pump if you have questions for the lactation consultant. From there your baby just needs an outfit to come home in and the car seat: Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat . If it is cold bring a blanket.
That is all you really need. I’m sure all hospitals are different so make sure you talk to your doctor. My experience was awesome. I never was hungry, I was given undies, pads, tucks, pain medication, and ice packs. I literally didn’t need or want for anything.
Was there something you couldn’t live without? Let me know in the comments!!!