The scary part is giving birth right? Nope, not in my opinion. The healing afterwards is way worse. There are definitely some things you can do to make it a little better though. As I have said before, take what you can and as much as you can from the hospital!! You just pushed a bowling ball out of your hoo-ha, of course you are gonna have some pain and recovery unless you are a super model with some super powers. In that case I applaud you. Things that make things a lot easier:
- //ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ac&ref=tf_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=mommy409-20&marketplace=amazon®ion=US&placement=B002MCD16O&asins=B002MCD16O&linkId=12d2d06368122ad0a3d637161b0e3121&show_border=false&link_opens_in_new_window=false&price_color=333333&title_color=0066c0&bg_color=ffffff Dermoplast cooling spray. Emphasis on the cooling. This stuff is bomb at relieving the stinging from stitches.
- Tucks Medicated Pads– Witch hazel pads keeps everything cool and clean. They will probably give you a small thing of these at the hospital and if you have any issues with your bum, this will make everything better.
- Carex Sitz Bath– These things look ridiculous but I tell you what they feel pretty great when you can’t do a lot of scrubbing down there. Trust me it’s cheap and helps the stitches heal up.
- Ibuprofen- for when everything still hurts.
- Mom Panties- Trust me you don’t want to ruin your nice skivvies, go to wally world and get you a pack of what I call mom panties. They are comfy and necessary to hold those jumbo pads from the hospital.
These are a few necessities from my experience. It isn’t that bad. They best thing I was told to prepare myself was that your butt is going to hurt. It feels like your tailbone got broken. But everything is worth it when you have your little!!!
Leave me comments about what you thought was necessary after birth!!