Hey everyone! So I decided to put together what I think is the most important items to register for. As you know I am a compulsive list maker. I make lists for absolutely everything and then some. So I wanted to make this list for my first time mommas or those who wanted a more condensed list of what is necessary and what is nice extras.
I personally registered mostly at Target and they give a fantastic free goodie bag when you register with them. It’s a bag with a bottle, nursing pads, a Paci, lots of coupons, and lots of other samples including Honest diapers and wipes! I also registered at babies r us which I honestly only got my furniture, rocker, and stroller from. It also seemed that no one really shopped there but it was definitely worth getting those big ticket items because I ended up getting babies r us rewards which for me ended up being a 100$! Another great place to register that gives free goodies is buy buy baby. I didn’t register there because there is not one anywhere near me.
Alright so here is my bare minimum list of what to register for or make sure you get before baby!
1. Diapers and wipes! Of course you are going to be going through a lot of these. Some people like to stock up (like me) and others just get a few packs to start of because you never really know what sizes you will exactly need or how fast baby will grow.
2. A Crib or safe place for baby to sleep. I personally got the sorelle vista elite from babies r us. This particular one is a convertible crib so my baby can grow with the bed. A mattress does not typically come with the crib so you will have to purchase this separately. There are of course much less expensive and much more expensive cribs. Some people like to have a bassinet in their room for the baby to sleep when you first bring him home before transferring him to the crib. I bought a graco pack n play that had a bassinet built in to put in my room. I found this to be a less expensive option especially since we travel a lot and the pack n play will easily go with us.
3. A Carseat. Alright so this one is pretty self explanatory. You can not bring your baby home without one. I chose a combo option where you get the carseat and stroller together. This is another one of those things that you can spend a lot of money or not as much. I knew for myself I wanted to get a jogger stroller so I purchased the Baby Trend Expedition GLX travel system. I love it. It was super easy for me to put together and collapses easy too! Installing the car seat in the car was very easy as well. Not that it is necessary but the stroller has great options like bluetooth and storage space.
4. Onsies. Now I put this on the main list because we can’t have naked babies 24/7! But when I say don’t register for clothes, it is because that is about 70% of what you will get at your baby shower if you choose to have one. I had 3 because my family being in Ohio and Tennessee and me and my husband living in Florida and majority of what I got was clothing. Our parents purchased a couple big items for us like the crib, dresser, and rocker.
Now this is extreme minimalist list. Below I am going to quickly add items to the list that I am soooo happy that I have and glad I got.
1. Diaper bag- see my last post all about diaper bags
2. Diaper Genie– a lot of people say you don’t necessarily need and you probably don’t but I am so glad I do. I use this non stop and I literally never ever smell diapers!
3. Changing Pad- I got one of these with a few covers instead of a changing table. It sits right on top of the dresser we got and saves space.
4. Baby Carrier- I got the Eddie Bauer one, it wasn’t crazy expensive and is more versatile. I am not a fan of the wraps you have to tie yourself. *I put this on here because people seem to be loving the baby wearing trend. I have this carrier and I never use it. I prefer to just hold Knox personally.
5. Bumbo- I got the one with the tray table. This saves me from having to buy a highchair which will take more room and save money!
6. Rocker/Glider– I don’t think this is completely necessary personally and I don’t think I would have purchased one myself but my mother in law got it for me. I do love it but not 100% necessary.
7. Bottles- This will depend on if you are breast or formula feeding. I think it is a good idea to have some on hand either way. I love the Dr. Brown bottles the best. I plan on breast feeding but didn’t put a pump on here because most insurance companies cover them these days.
8. Blankets- I wouldn’t spend much time registering for many, you will get a lot of blankets at baby showers too! But you do have to have some of them!
9. Bath Stuff- Baby wash, shampoo, lotion, clippers, thermometer, etc.. A clean baby is a happy baby!
10. Feeding Stuff- plates, spoons, cups.. It’s never to early to stock up!
So this is my list. Of course you can add tons more things these days. There is a gadget for literally everything!! I don’t think it is completely necessary to overwhelm yourself with buying everything you see or someone tells you about. Get what you think you will use or need. I hope this was helpful!!
Please leave me comments and tell me what you really wanted on your registry!
As always I am not sponsored by any of the brands listed. These are what I like or have used and what has worked for me!