Guys I finally got it. What you ask? My dream diaper bag!! It was a little on the pricier side when it comes to some diaper bags but just wait! If you are interested in getting your own you can find it here : timi & leslie Rachel 7-Piece Diaper Bag Set, Caramel. Okay so this bag is awesome. first it is vegan leather and my favorite thing is that it looks like a beautiful purse, not a diaper bag. I personally feel like the diaper bags you see in stores are plastic-y and bulky.
It comes in 4 colors, I chose the caramel color. It is 159$ but I have to say it is totally worth it. It comes with a detachable shoulder strap so that you can wear it as a crossbody if you choose. It also comes with 2 stroller straps so you can easily attach it to your stroller. You also get an insulated bottle tote to keep babies bottle warm or cool. A zippered sac is also inside to place any soiled clothes that may happen throughout the day and a changing pad that has a spot to hold diapers is also inside. There is also a super cute matching wristlet for mom inside!(Picture credit: Timi and Leslie)
The bag itself has 5 large pockets on the inside and 4 super cute pockets on the outside. The handle is braided. The whole bag is water resistant and literally fits everything! There is even a key chain clip on the inside so you won’t loose your keys!!I seriously am so glad I finally broke down and got this bag. It took me weeks to finally commit to this purchase. Check out my video to get an updated version of what’s in my diaper bag!! Click Here!
Please let me know what bags you are loving!!!
Finding the perfect diaper bag can be super difficult! Trust me I am still looking every time I go out shopping. Here are some of the bags that I have found that are pretty great and might fit your style. They are a range of prices and styles so maybe you will find one that you love!
- Boxy Backpack- Petunia Pickle Bottom– Okay hold on to your wallet, this bag is pricey! The Petunia Pickle Bottom bags are great and come in so many colors and styles to choose from. I like backpack styles because they are easy to throw on while juggling baby.
- Downtown Tote- Petunia Pickle Bottom– This is another style of the PPB collection. It is a little less expensive than the previous style but still gives you that purse feel. My biggest problem for diapers bags personally is I don’t want to feel like I am carrying luggage and this style is like carrying a purse with lots of pockets.
- Ju Ju Be Diaper Bag– This bag still is on the pricey side but it is another great back pack style. It has insulated pockets for bottles, a memory foam changing pad, and an anti-microbial lining. Overall a very cool style if you are willing to spend a little money.
- Skip Hop Diaper Bag– Finally we are under 100$!! This bag is pretty cool because it has large separated sections with one being specially designed for mom! It has 11 pockets and is waterproof which is everything. Babies are wet creatures haha!
- Oh Joy! Back pack– This is a style extremely similar to the first bag on the list from petunia pickle bottom. It is a boxy backpack style and it is big enough to fit everything and the colors are so pretty!
- Fashion Mummy Nappy Bag– This bag is probably my favorite for the price. It is a good size, again a backpack style (Sorry!) and comes in 5 or 6 colors. It has bottle holders and pockets so you can fit and organize everything!
- Thirty-one Utility Tote– This one is so affordable and you can pick from lots of styles. I have this one myself and though I don’t carry it on a daily basis because of the size, it does make a great car bag. Keep a set of everything you could need (see my packing a diaper bag post) in the bag in the car and you are always set.
- Most affordable option!– So this is actually what I have and use on the daily. I bought a inexpensive purse organizer off of amazon and put it in my purse that I have had for years and call it a day. It keeps everything I need for baby in one spot and I can easily pull it out and take it where I need if needed.
Of course I could go on and on about all the bags out there. There are a million! Please let me know what kind you got and what your favorites are!
I am not sponsored by any of these brands. These are my own opinions and what I thought would be great to share with you.
Packing for long trips is not always easy if you are a last minute packer. Being 4 hours on the highways deep is not the time you want to realize that you forgot something. Luckily for you friends I am a crazy compulsive list maker!! I am getting ready for a trip to Ohio to see my family and friends and being the crazy list maker/packer I am, I have already packed my 3.5 month old son and myself! Here is my pack list for babies:
- Clothing and socks- 7-10 outfits (We will be out of town for a little over a week and have access to a washer and dryer) My rule of thumb is about 3-4 outfits more than the days you will be gone if you can’t wash clothes.
- Nightys– I love these things! Trust me if you have to change a diaper in the middle of the night the last thing you want to mess with is zippers and snaps. These are a must!
- Burp Cloths and Bibs. I have said it before, I like using cloth diapers for burp cloths and these bibs are bomb! My baby boy is beginning to teeth so this catches the drool and gives him something to “chew” on.
- Diapers and Wipes– a must. I am a huggies girl personally, but you use what you like of course!
- Soap, Lotion and gel– I like to use aveeno because bubby is so dry and I like that aveeno is a more natural option and the baby oil gel keeps him moisturized all day.
- Towels and Wash rags– Of course you don’t necessarily need a baby version, you can use regular towels and wash rags but if you have the space to pack and want to you have that option.
- Bottles and a cleaning brush- These are my favorite bottles. Of course you don’t need to bring bottles if you exclusively breastfeed.
- Formula- If you formula feed or supplement then you will need to bring this!
- Pack n Play– So I am not a huge fan of these because I guess I always think of people putting their babies in them and using them like a dog kennel. But I do use it while traveling so bubby will have his own bed. He is too big for the bassinet part so that stays home.
- Pacifiers, hair brush, saline spray, and vit. d drops- basics we use everyday, vit. d drops if you breast feed.
- Breast Pump– if you breastfeed or pump. I am an exclusive pumper. I’ll share my story sometime! I really love my medela.
- Car seat- is a must
- Stroller- if you need, I don’t use mine much
- Bottle Warmer– Not necessary but it is nice to have when you are reheating breast milk.
- Baby Monitor– I put Bubby down for a nap and stay up later than his bed time so having his monitor is great!
That is pretty much it guys! I know it seems like a lot but I get it packed in Small Getaway bag from Lucky Brand. Lucky is my favorite brand but before you see this price and judge me, I got one like this but it is an old style they don’t sell anymore and I got it on clearance!!
If you would like me to send you my list in a PDF form just comment or email me and I would be more than happy to send you a check list. If you think I forgot anything let me know! I was going for more of the things that are needed not extras. Like of course I will bring some toys but its not necessary.
Also I am not sponsored by any of these brands. I just shared what I personally use and love and what works for my family. Target is the main store I have to shop at in my town so if I don’t get my stuff from there then I get it from amazon and occasionally walmart.
When it comes to packing a diaper bag, it goes with my personal life philosophy: Less is More. What’s in my diaper bag? Click here if you wanna check out a video I made about my diaper bag vs. my husbands. It is bad quality, just a warning, I got a new camera and I’m still learning to perfect things so don’t judge me too much!
Anyways let’s dive in!!
Packing a diaper bag shouldn’t be a difficult thing. Of course we all want to be prepared for every situation that could possibly happen. I think you can pack for what you are going to be doing. Me, with my less is more philosophy, like to adjust for what I am going to be doing. So of course it wouldn’t be a diaper bag without diapers. That is the #1 necessity and with diapers you have to have wipes. Now for a lot of situations I say you can stop there. Running quickly to get take-out or groceries? What more do you really need? Going to be out a little longer I like to add a few items. Burp cloths are a must with any drooly baby like I have right now, I use the cloth diapers I linked above because they work the best, are larger, and cheaper than regular burp cloths you can buy. I like to keep a Paci (my fav) on deck just in case of a melt down, and a change of clothes in case of a blow out (unfortunately they happen). This is really all you need. If you are going on a longer trip then I would add a bottle and formula or breast milk for when baby gets hungry. I will be posting my pack list for road trips in a later post so stay tuned!
If you watch my video you will see that I have not found a diaper bag that I love because they are all too big and bulky and just don’t fit my life style. I did get this one in a different pattern at my baby shower and I do love it but I use it only for traveling.
As always guys please enjoy and leave me comments on your must haves in your diaper bag. Give me a follow to stay up to date on all the things going on in my world of crafts, baby, mommy, beauty, and much more!